Ready for the Next Level?
Coastal Resource Mapping (CRM) is a progressive, BC based GIS mapping and drone services company.
We specialize in a comprehensive range of GIS mapping services, including: data collection, data analysis, data management, software development, cloud-based IT systems and advanced drone technology.
We maintains a safe, respectful and fun working culture that promotes teamwork and professional accountability. Our success can be attributed to our cohesive team of self- motivated, and positive attitude individuals who are dedicated to technical innovation, client satisfaction and safety.
We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, and will keep your resume on file for up to six months. We offer a competitive salary, and comprehensive benefits package for full time employees.
Spatial Analyst (Closed)
Coastal Resource Mapping Ltd (CRM) is a highly experienced GIS analytics company with offices in Nanaimo and Vancouver. For over 20 years, CRM has established partnerships in the natural resource sector and all levels of government supplying unique software solutions and geomatics support including drone-based technology. We are currently looking for a full time, experienced GIS Analyst to work out of our Nanaimo office.
Please note that due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the Coastal Resource Mapping team is working fully remotely. As there is still uncertainty as to when distancing restrictions will ease, all new hires, including this role, must be able to onboard and work from home. It is important that the new hire have the ability to adapt and learn quickly in this environment for a seamless transition.
Reporting to the President and supporting Project Managers, the Analyst will provide innovative scripting and analytical solutions to inhouse staff as well as new and existing customers. The position requires leadership and a commitment to improving business. This position will support our current Development contracts, Drone Operations, and Sales Teams to plan and implement new and existing GIS projects.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide scripting and analytical support to CRM’s Geomatic Operations
- Champion the adoption of web and mobile GIS tools for CRM’s new and existing clients
- Lead new web mapping technologies with respect to strategic vision and tactical use of GIS tools for managing CRM’s analytical and reporting products.
- Lead and manage spatial analysis projects
- Educate IT team on GIS trends, benefits and risks, and effectively communicates the value and opportunity of emerging technologies.
- This position may require occasional travel.
- Advanced GIS Diploma OR Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field OR equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressive, relevant GIS and information technology experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of designing, developing, deploying, and driving the adoption of enterprise GIS solutions using ESRI’s ArcGIS Enterprise, Desktop, and Mobile products
- 2 years experience with development languages such as Python and Model Builder
- Hands-on experience with GIS data, GIS data processing, and scripting
- 2 years experience with drone data and concepts such as LiDAR, photogrammetry, volumetrics a plus
- Experience administering production GIS systems, including portal and mobile products
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models including knowledge of both agile/iterative and traditional project management principles
- Familiarity with Azure, AWS or other cloud environments a plus
- Experience with people management
- Strong oral and technical writing skills for clear presentation of data
- Proficient with ESRI ArcGIS scripting and spatial analysis
- Possess a high level of technical knowledge of how various IT and GIS technologies are integrated
- Interest in supporting CRM’s drone operations with data processing and automation techniques along with the occasional field support
- Excellent collaboration skills in working together with others across all business segments and IT groups
- Identifies opportunities for technology/system re-use, and process and data standardization
- Skilled in communicating technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Proven ability to operate and effectively communicate while under pressure; as well as the ability to manage a diverse workload and work under time constraints with minimal supervision
What we offer
CRM provides a dynamic work environment. This is an opportunity to join a focused team of analysts and developers to build your skills with leading tools and technologies. We offer competitive wages with a benefits package including: extended health care, dental, vision, and paid vacation.
CRM is presently inviting applications for this FULL TIME POSITION to support our Nanaimo, BC operations. As indicated, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, working from home will be required initially until the working in Nanaimo office restrictions have been lifted. Flexibility on working from home can be negotiated after lift of restrictions.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon May 8th, 2020. In keeping with social distancing guidelines during COVID-19, all interviews will be held via Zoom.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CRM assists several major forest companies through management of BC corporate GIS data. …
CRM provides GIS Support to Coastal Shellfish for its shellfish tenure applications. Coastal…