Ready for the Next Level?
Coastal Resource Mapping (CRM) is a progressive, BC based GIS mapping and drone services company.
We specialize in a comprehensive range of GIS mapping services, including: data collection, data analysis, data management, software development, cloud-based IT systems and advanced drone technology.
We maintains a safe, respectful and fun working culture that promotes teamwork and professional accountability. Our success can be attributed to our cohesive team of self- motivated, and positive attitude individuals who are dedicated to technical innovation, client satisfaction and safety.
We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, and will keep your resume on file for up to six months. We offer a competitive salary, and comprehensive benefits package for full time employees.
Software Developer (Intermediate)
Based in Nanaimo BC, Coastal Resource Mapping Ltd. (CRM) is a leading GIS mapping and drone services company. For over 10 years, CRM has been working closely with the resource sector to provide affordable integrated software that manages assets and workflows. Due to company growth, we are currently looking for a talented developer to join our team who has both database and back-end application development experience.
CRM’s team of developers build and maintain several small to mid-sized applications for a variety of clients. Developers often work independently, each taking ownership over one or more applications at a time. The team works collaboratively to explore new technologies, improve our coding practices, and design solutions to the more complex problems, but the day-to-day work is often independent.
As a result, this role involves independent full-stack development, from databases and deployments to designing UI and meeting face-to-face with clients. You should be passionate about development, and eager to both learn from and teach your colleagues.
• Develop clean, intuitive web interfaces
• Develop robust, well-designed, testable back-end code
• Design and maintain database architecture
• Deploy updates to application and database while maintaining high availability in the production environment
• Maintain existing software, debugging issues and supporting clients
• Write technical documentation for both internal use and for the end-user
• Research and evaluate new technologies
• 3+ years of application development
• Education in Computer Science or equivalent
• Comfortable both working independently, and collaborating with the team
• Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
• Strong understanding of relational databases
• Familiar with design patterns such as MVC and MVVM
• Experience developing unit tests and integration tests is an asset
• Experience in mobile development is an asset
• Experience with our technology stack is an asset
Our Technology Stack:
CRM uses several technology stacks. Newer applications are built using our current web or mobile stack, but there are also legacy web applications we maintain that are using a different stack. All our major applications are within Microsoft’s ecosystem.
Experience with these technologies is not essential, but definitely an asset:
CRM provides a fun, respectful and dynamic work environment that promotes teamwork and professional accountability. Applicants should be self-motivated and have a positive attitude. This is an opportunity to join a focused team of developers and build your skills with leading tools and technologies.
Salary: $70,000 to $80,000 a year (depending on experience) with a benefits package including: extended health care, dental, vision, and paid vacation.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and detailed resume by June 14, 2019 to: email@example.com
You may apply by forwarding your resume to the Indeed link below with cover letter as an attachment in PDF or MS Word, or by email with “Intermediate Developer” in the email subject line to:
Thank you in advance to all that apply but only the successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. For more information regarding this position, please contact the email address above.
CRM assists several major forest companies through management of BC corporate GIS data. …
CRM provides GIS Support to Coastal Shellfish for its shellfish tenure applications. Coastal…