Drone Services – Local & Municipal Government
One of the most commonly overlooked functions of drone technology is their use in local and municipal governments. Coastal Resource Mapping has found there are numerous ways local and municipal governments can utilize this technology to not only improve their operations and contribute to project development, but also aid in public security as well.
Some of the tasks drones can assist local and municipal governments with include:
1. Infrastructure management
2. Vegetation mapping
3. Land use planning for tourism, recreation, etc.
4. Law enforcement surveillance including investigating and documenting crime scenes and accidents or assisting in search and rescue operations
One of the most exciting qualities of drone technology is that it’s constantly changing and its uses are regularly evolving. They also come with significant advantages over more traditional methods used for government tasks that include:
- Lower cost
- Increased safety by using drone technology in high-risk situations rather than humans
- Increased or enhanced perspective
- Provide real-time results that are more accurate and efficient than other options
- Minimize impact on current operations
The advantages are clear, and if you’d like to learn more about how local and municipal governments can implement drone technology, contact us today.
CRM assists several major forest companies through management of BC corporate GIS data. …
CRM provides GIS Support to Coastal Shellfish for its shellfish tenure applications. Coastal…